In Addition to Getting an SR22 Filing, What Else do I need to do to Reactivate my Driver’s License?

illinois-driving-sr22In Order To Reinstate Your License, You Must Do One Of The Following:

If the cause of the SR22 is a “Judgment” you must either pay the full amount of the judgment or obtain a court order agreeing to pay the judgment in installments to the plaintiff’s attorney or the Clerk of the Cook County Circuit Court. It is important that you make sure you receive a certified, file-stamped copy of a “Satisfaction of Judgment” form. Take this form to the Secretary of State’s office at 160 North LaSalle Street located on the 10th Floor.

If the cause of the SR22 is due to unpaid tickets, you must take care of the underlying problem. Contact the appropriate Circuit Court and ask them to reopen the case or pay the outstanding tickets. If the cause of the SR22 is due to vehicle emissions, you must take your car back to a vehicle emissions testing facility and this time pass the test or prove you no longer own the car.

Acquire SR22 Insurance from an insurance agency. You must sustain this insurance for 3 years without lapse or cancellation If Due to a judgment, DUI, felony or any other reason other than just being caught without insurance. If the only problem was driving without Insurance, then you must maintain the insurance for one year without lapse or cancellation. You will also have a reinstatement fee of $70.00.

Skip to toolbar