Online License Plate Renewal is the easy and convenient way for Illinois motorists to renew their license plates. We suggest you renew online no later than one month before your registration expires.
|To be eligible for online renewal:|
- Your renewal notice must have a PIN and Registration ID on it.
- You must have your Insurance Company Name, Policy Number and Expiration Date.
- You must have a checking account or a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
- You agree to a $2.25 fee paid to the payment processors.
- You should not be a participant in Circuit Breaker program.
|You cannot use online renewal if:|
- You want to switch plate types (i.e., standard passenger to organ donor).
- You want your materials mailed to an out of state address.
- Your vehicle information is not correct or current.
- You wish to change the spacing on your plate.
Please call Urban Auto Insurance with any question you have regarding your Car Insurance, and the need to provide Proof of Insurance.