Limousine, Medicar, and Public Transportation Insurance

Need PT or MC Plates?
Let us save you money on your Limousine, Medicar, and Public Transportation Insurance.

Uber Service Insurance

The license plates for Public Transportation need to be renewed by each year at the end of June; whereas the license plates for Limousines end December 30th.
We offer free quotes for Limousine, Medicar, NEMT, and Public Transportation Insurance.


Urban Insurance Agency has experience helping public transportation services companies obtain the insurance they need, and provide the proper certificates required, in order to secure their PT or MC plates.


By representing a variety of carriers allows Urban to offer you Low-Cost insurance no matter if your company, carries people back and forth from casinos, provides non-emergency patient transportation (NEMT), limousine, or an Airport Shuttle services.
Our agents will shop multiple companies including Stonegate, Scottsdale, American Service, National Indemnity, and First Chicago to find you the coverage you need at the lowest price. Yes, we have companies that will accept vehicles with lifts/ramps. We can also write insurance to cover “Sexual and Physical Abuse Insurance” (SAM).


The laws and requirements governing businesses that transport passengers can be complex and difficult to follow. the Secretary of State uses One of several classifications for defining vehicles that carry passengers. The two the most common are Public Transportation or Medical Transportation.

Public Transportation (PT):

A small sampling of Business that fall under this classification include Commuter Vans, Small bus or vans used for charter services including casino coach charters, transportation to sporting events and concerts, convention shuttles, weddings and tours.
This class includes vehicles that are “Used for the transportation of persons for compensation (Paying Passengers)” but do not fall under a “Special designation,” are included and required to obtain PT Plates, by filing proof of financial responsibility at the time of registration confirming they are insured for a minimum of $250,000 bodily injury and $50,000 property damage. Transportation service companies operating in Chicago must also meet the Chicago required minimum of $300,000.

While these are the limits of Liability coverage required to meet the legal requirements of City and state, companies often seek higher limits of coverage.

Medical Transportation (MC)

Is a “Special designation” for vans or autos used for the “non-emergency transportation of persons for compensation for the purpose of obtaining medical services.” Urban offers Low-Cost insurance options for companies that provide healthcare transportation services. Whether your company provides non-emergency patient transit,
or advanced emergency response, Urban Insurance can shop multiple companies to
find you the coverage you need at the lowest price.

Our agency specializes in providing limousine Insurance. Whether your vehicles are
used for wedding transportation, client parties, Airport service, or to and from any event;
Urban Insurance can find you the Lowest rate on your transportation Insurance. No matter the type of Limousine, Medicar, and Public Transportation Insurance, call Urban today.

Urban offers Low-Cost insurance for Limousine companies that have a single car or a large Fleet including stretch SUV limousines and Limo Coaches Urban Insurance can shop multiple companies to find you the coverage you need at the lowest price

Have Questions or Prefer to Talk to an Insurance Agent?

Just give us a call at 1-800-680-0707.

Call our friendly and professional insurance agents for additional information Monday – Saturday from 8:00A – 6:00P
Urban Insurance Agency, LLC  800 W Huron St #301, Chicago, IL 60642   312-664-8088

61 years of experience selling Commercial Insurance in Illinois.


Urban Insurance understands the special needs and commercial insurance requirements required of Transportation companies in order to get PT Plates.
We have the experience to help Public Transportation, Medicars or Van Service companies navigate the demands of the ICC (Illinois Commerce Commission.
We can also help file the needed ICC documents for the Indiana Commerce Commission, as well as the Federal Commerce Commission.

Skip to toolbar