What Do I Do If I’m in a Car Accident?

what-to-do-car-accidentFirst, always keep an inexpensive disposable camera in your glove compartment to take pictures of the vehicles, the scene, and the people involved. This helps prove who was actually there. Don’t be shy about using it! Make sure your current proof of Insurance is in your glove compartment at all times. (It’s also the Law). Make sure you get all the relevant details from the other person, or persons, involved.

At the very least you need:

  • Their name, address and phone number
  • The name of their Insurance Company
  • The make, model and year of car
  • List of damage to cars involved including your car

You should then file an insurance claim, even if another driver caused the damage. You can do this by contacting us by phone at 312-664-8088. Also, you should immediately report the loss to the police if your vehicle is damaged by a hit-and-run driver, or if you suspect vandalism or theft. Without a police report, your insurance company could deny your claim.

Skip to toolbar